Saturday, September 1, 2007

Day 3

Today I made it through my third day whout smoking... but, even more than that ~ I actually got thru a girls night out last night without lighting up! I had 3 glasses of wine (pretty buzzed) and my friends smoked... and I stayed clear! YEAH! I think that was the biggest test of all. And I did it!

I actually came really close to backing out of going, because I thought it may be too soon and I would cave into the urges that I was so certain would over take me. I even found myself rationalizing that if I DID wind up slipping...it would be ok, because it's not as though I would go back to smoking ... addiction is a crazy thing.

But I recieved some good advice and I decided to go out ~ face my demons, remind myself that I was CHOOSING not to smoke, and that smoking is not something that is being taken away from me...it's something that I am glad to see gone and I dont want anymore.
Thanks baby...

Sooo... it's Saturday night and I am exhausted ~ it's WAY past my CHANTIX bedtime. I really think I may only do the meds for four weeks. I dont know. I guess I will decide when it is time to refill my Rx. I just dont like being on the meds. I am tired (could be my body adjusting to no nicotine too, though) and I am REALLY bloated ... my tummy is constantly full. I dont like that. Plus, I go back on call tomorrow night at midnight. The crazy schedule that my job forces me to keep is going to be rough when I feel this sleepy.
nt nt
Lis

2 comments:

maggie said...

So glad that you were able to go out, enjoy a good time with the girls and not smoke. I'm not one of those that's quite ready for it yet, but I do know that many do jump right in and do just fine. I think it's great that you gave it some consideration before going, too, knowing that it would be tempting - there is something good and important, I think, in just having that conversation with yourself. Congrats!

Tim said...

Congrats on your night out! I'm no where near ready to go out again. I obviously have no self control. I do need to get it toegther here in a couple weeks as I have a business meeting coming up, and you know how those things go with the drinks. Anyway, nice job and keep it up.