Saturday, September 8, 2007

Day 10

I survived an evening out on the town with two pretty cool pilots that I fly with now and again. Had a tastey dinner (capellini with homemade meatballs) at this really tiny, family owned restaurant here in Hasbrouck Heights, New Jersey called A Fresh Affair. The food was amazing. The price...unbeatable. The Chef came out after and BS'ed with us... it was all around a great night. Mix in a few glasses of wine and next to zero sleep last night... and I am MORE than ready for beddy bye.
Upon returning to my home sweet hotel... another pilot whom I will fly with tomorrow, arrived. After a couple more drinks the boys all decided to go out for a smoke. I didnt want to sit in the bar alone with my wine ... so I joined them outside. These are the guys that I normally drink and smoke with while on the road, and I haven't seen them since quitting... so, it was a little strange to sit among them and not smoke. I have to say... I inhaled the second hand smoke and at one point, secretly wished I could take it in via osmosis, or something. But, I got through it. We sat outside for a while. They had a couple of smokes. I refrained. Believe me... I could've easily lit up. I really thought about it. Smoking has such comraderie appeal. But, I dont want to go back to that terrible habit... and 10 day is F'N gooooooooood!!!! I am really proud of myself. And Im not going to undo that.
Nt Nt... tomorow I will be coming at you from That City By The Bay.... My favorite :)

4 comments:

rock said...

check your email for my message today. ken btw...awesome job today!

rock said...

lisa, thanks for your comments on my blog....regarding your question....I will email you right now lol. You will lyao . rock collecting.....lol

maggie said...

Awesome, Lisa! You are doing great. Keep going!

CHEF Joe said...

Hi Lisa, It was my pleasure to serve you and your two pilot friends at my restaurant " A Fresh Affair" in Hasbrouck Heights New Jersey. I hope we have the pleasure of serving you again and by all means bring friends. You can always contact us by a link in our web site http://www.afreshaffair.com. Great job by keeping off the smokes.