Friday, August 31, 2007

Anxiety

Ok... just came in from a nice hike up the canyon. It's f'n hot out there...
Physically, I feel ok. No nausea or feeling drugged. Actually just as I'm typing this I do feel a little lethargic. But mostly I am feeling anxiety. I know where it's coming from ~ and there's not much I can do about it. In the past I would be out on my balcony every hour for a smoke...writing in my journal, etc... But I cant let that happen this time. I cant let anxiety do me in. I just need to take a deep breath and focus my thoughts on something other than the source of my anxiety. It's just not worth it.
More Later

1 comment:

maggie said...

You are doing just fine. Keep on hanging in there, and it really will get easier. Hiking is a great hobby for someone becoming a non-smoker, too, since you will get to enjoy the whole breathing thing that much more. Keep going!