Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Chantix Day 7

Ahhh... I am somewhat beginning to feel like a non-smoker. I know that sounds strange, but ~ my thought processes seem to be more like those of a non-smoker already. I don't really think about smoking...unless it's thinking about how strange it is to not be thinking about it!!!
I mean sure, today I took the train back into LA. It was the first time in over two years that I have gotten in my car and not lit up. That thought crossed my mind. I even stopped at a liquor store for a diet pepsi and the thought of purchasing a pack of smokes didn't even cross my mind. It's really an amazing feeling. I know I am no where near being out of the woods. I am only finishing my first week on CHANTIX, and havent even reached my quit day as of yet. I just hope that it remains to go as smoothly as it is going now. I have read of some not-so-lucky experiences with the drug (depression, skin issues, nausea, vomiting) and this makes me apprehensive as I am about to double my dose tomorrow, with my quit day the following day. I dont want to psych myself out and begin experiencing the side effects that a small number complain of.
I want things to continue to go smoothly. I never imagined it would be this painless. I had one cigarrette today. My cousin is staying over and she smokes... so, I decided to take advantage of my "free opportunity" to indulge. I am looking forward to my quit day. I dont want any more excuses to poison my body.
Over all... today was a great day. I am happy to be back in LA. Happy to have spent the evening doing laundry (april-fresh-non-smoker-clothes await me:). And happy that being home didn't trigger my urge to smoke.
Thank you Chantix!
<3

1 comment:

maggie said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, Lisa, and good luck to you tomorrow on your big day. Do let me know if you would like for me to add you to the list of fellow Chantix bloggers that I have on my blog.